le progrès || 1 rue de bretagne, le marais district, paris, france
fee fie foe foie,
i smell the cafe full of cool parisians.
why this is my favorite cafe:
1. they don’t have a website [aka they are
snobbish cool, just like you & me]
2. they are located in the middle of a 6-street intersection = massive people-watching haven
3. their food is solid. yum.
4. this is the hip hangout with cool [and pretty] people & right next door to a modeling agency & various fashion houses. models & artists central.
5. their servers are consistently entertaining. [one tried to “pimp out” his younger colleague to us…]
with all the positives, i was able to forgive them for not having wifi.
my favorite here, salade gourmande au foie gras + magret de canard fumé: foie gras + smoked duck breast + haricots verts + tomatoes + greens, drizzled with the perfect citrus vinaigrette salad la parisienne: ham + cheese + egg + tomatoes + simple greens cool artifacts…then i spy 3 guys…how to pick up on 3 [cute] guys?pretend to have a parisian cigarette “vogue” right behind them & eavesdrop [like a super creeper] & wait for the right moment to
attack start up convo…photobomb-kiss by a passerby. i was caught & the targets are leaving…mission failed. pretend nothing ever happened. denydenydeny. goodbye. we’ll never see you again.but tomorrow will be another day!
and then le progres revisited…
back for lunch with my favorite, the lovely fashionista paula who i met at cannes years ago! and it happens to be her birthday today!!! parabéns linda!if it’s delicious, why not get it again? their foie gras has that extra spark in it, infused with magical wine & such. perfect. more than reasonably priced. steak tartare was seasoned well.cafe viennois was our staple caffeine. yum.and finally, our last visit here was a wonderful farewell of whiskey drinking games + adventures + lotto tickets.
you win some, you lose some.
but whœuf they are handsome.
if you’re in the mood for fancy, then I guess you already know about matignon.